Genpo Merzel – Four-week Introduction Course to Big Mind as Western Zen
Price: $99 for four classes – video (Internet streaming or DVD) and Course Guide.
***NOTE*** – You can either buy the online video streaming option here OR a DVD option by clicking the Buy Now button below (you don’t have to have a PayPal account – just click ‘Don’t have a PayPal account’ link):
Study with Zen Master Genpo Merzel to learn and deepen your knowledge of Big Mind. Big Mind is a combination of Voice Dialogue and Zen Buddhism.
In this four-week course you will study by watching one hour of video lectures every week and follow that week’s assignments in your study guide. You will also have a chance to ask Genpo Merzel questions during the course via an audio conference call (done twice during the course). After the four weeks the post-test will be provided and you will receive your certificate of completion upon successful completion.
Cost for the Four-Week Course Package: $169
· 2 DVDs (with four classes) or online streaming
· Study Guide
· Two Q&A audio conference calls with Genpo Merzel on March 2 at 10AM PST and March 23 at 12PM PST
· Online discussion forum on the Depth Psychology Alliance website (starting March 1)
· Free Interview on www.shrinkrapradio.com
· Test and Certificate of completion
The mind is a wonderful thing, capable of brilliant thought and creativity, as well as bringing misery and suffering. How can we understand and work with it? How can we channel this great gift and resource to bring love and joy to our lives and relationships? In this course, Zen Master Genpo Merzel will work with us to explore and directly experience how our minds can become our greatest friend and ally.
Dennis Genpo Merzel is a revolutionary in the tradition of the old Zen Masters who so embodied Buddhist teaching that they were able to revitalize and transform it for their own day and age. As Buddhism moved from India to China to Japan and other Asian cultures, it found unique expression in each culture that made its fundamental teachings resonate for a new time and place. Genpo Merzel is working to transmit the essence of the Buddha’s teachings in a way that is readily accessible to Westerners and relevant to our everyday life.
This course is applicable to the following audiences:
· Therapists who want to learn some new skill for their personal life and practice.
· Genpo Merzel students, who have been working with Genpo and want to learn this skill more deeply.
· Jungians, as it integrates the Jungian oriented method of voice dialogue and Zen in a Western way as Jung suggested Eastern religion should be approached.
You can pause the video to pre-load in case you have a slow connection and come back to it later (Stop button in the player functions as Pause). You can also rewind to any place within the video. When watching you can maximize the screen by pressing the button at the bottom right of the player screen. If you encounter any issues please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that at the moment we do not support iPad and iPhone devices for online streaming.