Encounters with the Shadow is an in-depth introduction to Jungian Shadow work and forms part of Jung Platform’s series of introductory courses on Jungian psychology.
Led by master teacher, James Hollis, this course is suitable for both a beginner- and experienced level of understanding of Shadow work. The course is ideal if you want to learn more about the concept of the Shadow and how it is relevant in our daily lives. It also offers guidance and tools to become more conscious of Shadow aspects within ourselves, groups and other individuals.
What you will receive
Participation in 4 live webinar classes
Video & Audio Recordings of each class
Access to your own Jung Platform account where all the content you've purchased will be stored.
One of the richest of Carl Jung’s contributions to our understanding of the human psyche, is the idea of the Shadow. Those parts of our own being which are threatening to our ego, and which so often act independently of our wills.
They are the parts of ourselves – or our groups – which we prefer not to face, but which continue to spill into our lives nonetheless. The Shadow embodies those parts of ourselves over which we, and others, keep stumbling.
The Shadow is not evil, as such. Though it may bring great harm to self and others, even as it may also bring great healing energies to bear. Shadow work is not only an invitation to further the integration of our split off components, but to improve our contributions to our families and our society.
This course is ideal if
- You are interested in transformative psychological growth, regardless of whether you are new to or experienced with Carl Jung’s approach to psychology.
- You are looking for grounded and practical tools to work more consciously with your own Shadow aspects.
- You are interested in understanding the various layers and aspects of the Shadow within yourself, in groups and other individuals (whether in our private or our public lives)
- You are a therapist interested in understanding a Jungian approach to the Shadow and Shadow work.
Class 1: Aug 3rd 2020 – 5pm PT / 8pm ET
Class 2: Aug 10th 2020 – 5pm PT / 8pm ET
Class 3: Aug 17th 2020 – 5pm PT / 8pm ET
Class 4: Aug 24th 2020 – 5pm PT / 8pm ET
By the end of this course you will
- Have a greater understanding of Carl Jung’s concepts and theories related to the Shadow Self.
- Better understand how the Shadow partly functions outside of our awareness.
- Understand how the Shadow can be destructive; but also constructive and healing
- Have gained practical perspectives and tools to work with your own Shadow aspects
We here at Jung Platform want to make these programs available to anyone. If you would love to participate yet can’t pay for the full course, then please send us an email at [email protected] and describe why you feel you qualify for a scholarship, how much you can pay, and what you will do to help the Jung Platform promote this and other programs.
The Jung Platform Guarantee
If once you have started the course, you feel that it may not be for you, you are welcome to cancel at no cost and get a full refund one week after the course starts.